We had our third baby! He is an absolute delight- a smiley, easy-going, little dude. And now that he’s here and we’re finding our groove again, it’s time for me to get moving again.
Before was pregnant with him I was in really good shape, possibly the best shape I’ve ever been in. I ran a half marathon. I felt energized and fantastic. My day was incomplete without a run. I was able to indulge in delicious food or wine here and there and still found balance. It was awesome! And now I want to get back to that.
Before taking my oldest to school this morning I got my workout clothes on and made the decision that this was when things would change. I braved the insanely uncomfortable, took off my shirt, and took a before picture from the front and the back. I knew I wasn’t working out consistently and eating poorly, but man my body is. Showing. It. All. I will spare you the ugly before pictures until I have a progress photo next Monday.
Until then I’ll share my weight after a boatload of water, a cup of coffee, and a 3-mile walk-run that kicked my booty. I’m somewhere between 5’7″ and 5’8″, and I was 158.5 this morning after all that, and my 3-mile time was a slow 39:22
I’ll also share my (terrifying) measurements…
Upper arm: 12.5 inches
Chest at the boobs: 37.25 inches
Under the boobs: 33.5 inches
Waist: 30.5 inches
Hips: 39 inches
Booty: 41.5 inches
Upper thigh: 24.75 inches
Calf: 14 inches
Finally, I will change three things this week, and add new habits as I improve.
- 3 miles 5 times a week
- 1,000-1,200 calories a day recorded in the MyFitnessPal app (free and awesome!)
- No simple carbohydrates after lunch (except for 1 glass of wine or beer a week)
My goals right now are:
- Get down to 141 pounds by April (although weight is not my main goal, I have a Healthy Wage set, more on that later)
- Running 3 10 minute miles in a row consistently.
- Feeling energetic enough to play outside with the kids for an hour every day after I’m done with my work and keep up with them.
Okay, wish me luck. I’m sure I’ll add other goals later, but that’s where I am today. I will update my progress next Monday, and if my photo isn’t as bad I’ll share it haha! Happy Monday!